Saturday, February 23, 2013





   Food ***
       Service **
  • Tel: 631-486-8910
  • Fax: 631-486-8913
  • 2074 Jericho Turnpike
  • East Northport, NY 11731
  • Free Delivery (Min $15) 
Last night was a typical Friday night where I was hungry. On a typical Friday night we might enjoy sushi for 2 at another of my favorite places. 
Wanting to stay local and go to a place where we have been before, we fell into Aki on Jericho Turnpike in East Northport. I must say that this place has taken off because never have I been asked upon walking in if we had "reservations". we decided to sit at the sushi bar and enjoy our food and watch as the crafty chefs prepare their most artful dishes.
I usually start my dinner off with a sushi pizza which has an assortment of coarsely chopped raw fish such as salmon, tuna, yellowtail, and white tuna. This combo of fish along with crunch and special sauce on top of a perfectly crunchy rice base is amazing. 
Tonight though was something different because I was in the mood for a salad and just couldn't decide what to get. 
My wife of course enjoyed her seaweed salad and green tea while I chose a 
Friendship bowl salad!
Tuna, salmon, yellowtail and white tuna on top of greens with spicy dressing and crunch and red caviar on top.


This salad was as I expected would be, really well presented and fresh as any sashimi I have had.
For dinner I ordered the Jericho roll and was not really paying attention to the fact that the outside was deep fried tempura. It had spicy tuna in the center with a lobster salad. My internal choice of ingredients is what I was after but the deep fried part was not.
I even asked to see a menu when the dish was presented to me. 
I have to say it was just OK and not my best choice.
Usually I go to a place and order the same thing because I am comfortable. 
At Aki I usually order these very good rolls.
The Michele roll
The Naruto roll was what my wife had as her dinner and as always is very fresh and appealing. The fact that it is made with a cucumber wrap and no rice is also very enjoyable. This is something we would normally share as part of our array of rolls for dinner.
Crazy Tuna roll
I also order the precious roll.  All of these rolls are "Top Notch" as a good friend who doesn't eat sushi or rolls would say.
They offer a 15% coupon you can get and it is well worth the trip.
If you like hot green tea as I do, they have some of the best. It is very nutty and your cup is always kept full
As always enjoy from "The dish With Dean"




No comments:

Post a Comment