Tuesday, February 26, 2013


April 13, 2013 Ruvo update as told by the Top Notch kid himself.
Very good friends went to Ruvo, Greenlawn on their anniversary last week. 
Remember that this is a week night so the crowd is minimal. 
Salad was very good, no complaints by anyone. Entree ordered by my the Mrs.  was a pasta dish which in her opinion was just OK. 
Mr. SS orders Pork Chops. 
After carefully looking over the dish which was in his words
"Looked like a Virginia ham".
The meat was all fat and horrible.
Waitress comes over and asks if everything is OK. She sees him debating whether to eat this or not. He explains as I have that this is his favorite place and he never sends back food, but this is not edible. 
She tells him to order another entree and they will get it out as quick as possible. 
He orders a Shrimp and Sole Oreganata.
The dish comes out very fast and it looks great. After a fork test he realizes that this dish is undercooked and not edible.
Again waitress comes over and apologizes.
After eating no entree and just dessert, they meet the owner who apologizes and says the regular chef is not there and please accept this certificate for another meal.
Hopefully that next meal will show improvement because this one was not 
"Top Notch" 

Here is to hoping Ruvo has better days!
From "The Dish With Dean"
Enjoy!

Ruvo Greenlawn 63 Broadway | Greenlawn, NY 11740 | (631) 261-7700 
Food **
       Service ***
Bar *** 
This has been a very busy weekend for "The Dish With Dean" and I was so looking forward to visiting "Ruvo"
It was always one of my favorite places to dine on Long Island and the staff and owners are always so pleasant and helpful.
There were 4 of us in our party and making a reservation through 
open table is always helpful. 
The amount of time from arrival to being seated is minimal and the bar is a great place to start. 
A great glass of cab  for the ladies and an ice cold stella for me. 
A great start to a great night.
Beers on Tap 
After being seated I realized that our table or should I say my seat was a direct path to the kitchen and after being bumped and apologized to several times, I moved my seat over with no success.
Appetizers were chosen and I ordered a small plate of fried calamari. The dish was a very tender plate of calamari with a great color and taste. For the price it should have been large enough to share.
The other man in our party had the diver scallops and based on how quickly he ate them, I would have to say he enjoyed them.
Pan Seared Diver Scallops Appetizer
The ladies each had a salad that came out crisp and cool and looked amazing. 
The waiter was great and did all the right things. 
Dinner was what disappointed me. 
I ordered a veal chop valdostana and was looking forward to it. One of my favorite veal dishes with prosciutto and fontina cheese oozing from the center of a perfectly broiled or grilled veal chop. 
What I got was a slice of prosciutto and fontina cheese on top of a veal chop that was over cooked and fatty. 
My friend had the cavatelli with lobster and that looked amazing. I imagine that  because he ate that just as fast as his appetizer, he loved it.
My wife had the monk fish which was cooked very nicely and accompanied by wonderfully cooked vegetables. 
My friends wife had the veal scallopini with long stemmed artichokes, spinach and panchetta in a lemon pinot-grigio sauce.
Another nicely presented dish that I think was a veal francese with a twist.
Glass of Ruvo White Wine
Needless to say I was a little disappointed but i will go back in a month or two and give it another try. It was always one of my favorite places.
As always, Enjoy from "The Dish With Dean"


   

No comments:

Post a Comment