Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Water Zooi
850 Franklin Avenue
Garden City, NY
516.877.2177


  What can I say about Waterzooi except it was amazing. 
Saturday night we arrived around 10:00 after the Hockey game. That hour there is never a wait and 4 of us were politely seated.
The server asked if we would like drinks and our guests ordered 2 different martinis. We had 2 glasses of the house Pinot Noir. 
To start the ladies had 2 Field green salads which were delicious and had chunks of Gorgonzola cheese. My friend and I shared the Lobster Mac n Cheese. On a scale of  1 - 10 we have to rate that a 4. The cheese was very watery and the pasta used was not correct for that dish. 

Our main courses came out and the ladies shared the Thai Moules pot with lemon grass, spicy coconut and cilantro broth. As always that dish is rated clearly an 8.

I had the Homard Moules pot which is a lobster bisque sauce with amazing mussels immersed in the heavenly scent of it all. I can usually polish this dish off without fail but because of the lobster Mac, I was not able to. All dishes are served with a side of papas fritas and a mayo dipping sauce.
My friend had the wellington burger which in his words was decadent. The decadent part was the fois gras and the mushroom topping.


 
This is the Homard laced with tiny chunks of lobster.







 The only downside to this meal which I don't know if it was just the time of the night or our specific server was the service. I like to know that my water glass is kept full and that someone cares if there are any issues or questions. Perhaps another glass of wine would have been nice.
From "The Dish With Dean"
Enjoy!



  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment