Tuesday, February 5, 2013








Jellyfish in Centerport once again lives up to the consistency I expect.
Tonight was dinner for 2 and a chance to unwind. 
Our server, Diane is what I refer to as the Mother to the place. She made our dining experience an absolute pleasure. 
I started my evening with the Volcano roll. This was a dish large enough for 3 people to eat but I ate it all. 
My wife had the Beet salad with 2 different types of beets. Very unique and extremely satisfying.

My cocktail of choice this evening was the Basil Martini.
This is a great summer drink because of the refreshing taste but I had to have one on a snowy night.
 
Our main courses for me were a challenge but for my wife was easy. She is in love with their Lobster Cantonese style with Pork belly. It is always consistent and a well balanced dish for her to enjoy.
For myself this time I chose the Lamb chops which to my surprise (not) were amazing. I ordered a side of Truffle Parmesan fries and sauteed mushrooms. 
I did not care very much for the shrooms which I usually love but the fries were amazing. I am not usually a fry lover and more of a baked man, but these were great.
For dessert which I usually do not indulge, we chose the sorbet trio: home made pear, apple and blood orange.
Accompanied by organic green tea. 
 
 The night was still young so we went downstairs to enjoy the late night music from 10-1. 
The music was great and the crowd was very much enjoying themselves.
I closed the evening with 1 more basil martini and listened to some great tunes. 
Heading out, the Valet had my car all warm and cleaned off from the dusting of snow.

Once again 4 stars for food
5 stars for service
           

No comments:

Post a Comment