Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 3, 2012 Jellyfish Restaurant

Rating: *****
Price:    $$-$$$ 


Back at you with "The Dish With Dean"  This past Saturday amid the chaos of Hurricane Sandy, it was my Wife's Birthday. I invited 14 of our friends to join us at Jellyfish in Centerport. I want to say  Kudos to the staff and chef at Jellyfish. James put together the most amazing menu for us. We started our party with some some sushi on the table. As we began to sit down out comes "Garlic Bread Soup" served in a shot glass. I could have drank this by the gallons. Next we had my favorite Oysters. I was thinking he was serving us a tasting menu and to my surprise, it never ended. Out came the Lobster Salad and a Tuna Salad that people who did not eat any fish were loving it. OK so now we had a few Seafood Towers and along come some Seared Tuna on a bed of White bean Puree and Sliced Olives. Next we had the Duck and Farro. Very much like Risotto but a bot more course. Next came the famous Lobster Cantonese style along with Filet Mignon. Our staff, including bartenders by name were Joe, Dylan, Brandon and our bar man Anthony. A real must have is the Basil Martini. and Don't forget the upstairs crew at the Bar, Jeff and Steven.

No comments:

Post a Comment