Tuesday, December 24, 2013

21-76 31 street
Astoria, NY 11105
718-721-3532
Located in the heart of Astoria, NY where east meets west and you don't even realize you never crossed a bridge to get here.
In 1999 with the direction of Chef Rocco Sacramone, this gem of Italy was born. 
 Bringing with him some of Mommas old world recipes. He even brought on Momma to work with the kitchen staff and this was Rocco's chance to create new dishes for the lucky patrons of this unique dining experience.
Reservations are suggested and please be sure to make them way in advance.

My last trip to this gem was with a very large party so I called the manager, Vincent and informed him that I would be arriving with 15 people. Many of the guests are as much into food as I am so I knew this would be a good choice. My biggest fear was pleasing Mother Mary (Kishmera) who I found out has snuck into this restaurant with George several times. 
I allowed Vincent to choose a variety of appetizers so that we could get this party rolling. I had but only one request.
I wanted the Grilled Octopus. The taste of this dish cooked correctly was what makes this an experience to remember. 
Starting out with the Buffalo Mozzarella and baked Clams along with a special salad was a great start beginning along with the grilled Octopus. 
 One of the greatest challenges of any restaurant serving a large party of guests is to be able to serve each guest their entree at the same time and be sure they are all done correctly and come out hot.
 As you can see at L'incontro, that is the case. The service was and always is amazing.
 The location of this restaurant makes it a great place to meet for friends coming from Long Island and friends coming from the NYC.
 The extensive wine list has yet to be reckoned with. This particular crowd is a big drinking crowd.
So when I tell you we arrived at 8:00 for dinner and left this place around 12:30. 


This place get's 4 stars for food and 4 stars for service. 
Special thanks to Hope and Frank for coming. I had not seen Hope in over 30 years and that was a nice treat.
"The Dish is Back"
Enjoy from 
"The Dish With Dean"

No comments:

Post a Comment