Tuesday, October 8, 2013








 

Bistro 63
63 N. Pleasant street
Amherst, MA
A unique dining experience at Bistro 63. A wonderful mix of American favorites and eclectic  cuisine. Stepping into Bistro 63 located at the Monkey Bar Grill in Amherst, Massachusetts is quite a trip. 

Deciding what to drink at the bar as I was placed in the hands of Megan, the manager was a real treat. She introduced me to Deep Eddy Vodka from Austin, Texas.
I ordered a Ruby Red Deep Eddy on the rocks. This was one of the best Vodkas I have ever drank.
Smooth as silk and great taste. 
Dinner started off with a Fried Calamari that was prepared nicely. The rings were soft and tender and the dipping sauce was an added treat.
I had to order the Lobster corn chowder only to compare to some others I have had in the area. 
For those familiar with my liking of this soup, I would say try it if you are here but if you see something else that you want you can skip this. 
My main course was a Seafood Pescatore served over Linguini. This dish was very good. The assorted seafood accompanied by the marinara sauce was perfect. The linguini cooked to perfection and of course I did not leave over one bite. 
Our other guests had the seafood Risotto and they each ordered half orders.
Once again the seafood combined with the Risotto made for an excellent dish. 
What really stood out in this restaurant was what I look for most in a restaurant. The service was amazing and despite that they were so busy, the attention we received was unbelievable. At the end of the evening, the manager, Megan came over to the table to personally thank us and to make certain that everyone was happy with their meals and satisfied. 
Being in a town where there are so many choices for us to eat when we visit, I would have to say that I would not hesitate to go back here and recommend that anyone visiting Amherst, Massachusetts, please stop in if not for dinner than to have a drink. 
For Reservations call 413-259-1600. Be sure to say hello to Megan and tell her that"The Dish With Dean" sent you.
Enjoy!
"The Dish With Dean"   

No comments:

Post a Comment