Tuesday, July 16, 2013


 MAINE FISH MARKET RESTAURANT
60 Bridge Street
East Windsor, CT
860*623*2281
This past weekend "The Dish" went on another road trip with Mr. and Mrs Pow. On Saturday evening we fell upon this "unbelievable" local restaurant located in East Windsor, Ct. This restaurant should not be taken lightly because not only is it a full service restaurant but it is also a fish market that you can purchase the fresh local catch by the pound.
   If you love seafood then as quoted from their website, 
As we always do we make friends with our server and the fun begins. This young man's name was "JJ" and when asked he told us that another person had the same first name so he called himself "JJ."
Just a note that all entrees are accompanied by a house salad of which 3 of their dressings are house made. The creamy garlic, the blue cheese and the raspberry vinaigrette.
 We ordered the New England clam chowder and although some places put the emphasis on the potatoes, this was clearly a creamy clam delight. 
Mr. Pow and myself decided that the coconut shrimp looked amazing on another table so we had to indulge in those as well. I think they looked better on our table.
As you can see by the picture, the house salad was presented well and had all the trimmings necessary to create the start of a fantastic dinner.
Now as we proceed onto the entrees, I will save mine for last so you can clearly understand why I enjoyed this restaurant. 

Let's start with Mr. Pow who ordered a fried combo of Sole and Bay Scallops.


 Accompanied by a baked potato, Mr. Pow had an absolute pleasure eating this dish. The Scallops were sweet as sugar and not in the least bit chewy. They melted in your mouth and the light dusting that held their flavor was not at all greasy. The Filet of Sole was moist and tender and coming from the fish market, was very fresh.
Mrs. Pow had an amazing Surf and Turf consisting of a more than sufficient piece of broiled Salmon paired with an equally seasoned rib eye steak. Together the two little darlings tasted like heaven on a platter. The Salmon was prepared with a light seasoning of lemon and olive oil and cooked to perfection. I am not usually a fan of ordering a steak unless I know it is going to be a thick cut of meat that is charred on the outside and pink in the center. However I asked Mrs. Pow her thoughts on this well presented steak and she said it was soft and cooked exactly the way she asked for it. Not at all tough and really complimented her salmon.
 
              
My wife had the Stuffed Sole and when asked what the stuffing was, JJ proceeded to offer her the actual ingredients. Kidding around with him, we told him he was revealing the "family recipe."
Her reaction to these two pieces of fish was priceless. The Stuffed Sole was presented as shown and was stuffed with an amazing portion of real Crabmeat and not imitation sea legs as some other places tend to offer. The Crabmeat was mixed with chopped Sea Scallops and "Ritz Crackers" as a filler. After my professional tasting, the "Ritz Crackers" were minimal and the blended seafood really was the main ingredients in this stuffing. Once wrapped into the Sole, they were broiled and served piping hot with a lemon garnish. 


OK now for the entree "The Dish"chose.
 This selection was a 2lb Steamed Lobster that in my humble opinion was one of the 
best lobsters I have ever eaten.
There was a place mat on the table with directions on how to eat a Steamed Lobster and at some point in my life I think I wrote those instructions.
After carefully removing the claws and splitting the Lobster down the center, I proceeded to pull off each succulent little leg, suck them dry and eat the body meat. Sweet and tender as I expected. 
Next came the claws which I devoured every little morsel. even utilized a tooth pick to get to the very fine areas.
Now you may think all of this took a short time but if you ask anyone who has ever been present while I eat a Lobster, this is a very meticulous process for me. It is clearly an art that I developed from my Mother and I am sure she is very proud of me.
Last but not least came the tail and that was some tail.
Now I am going to share rare footage shot by Mr. Pow and I did not know he was videoing this so close. Just a little humor from "The Dish"
Keep in mind this is not edited.
       
This is what the Lobster looked like when I was finished



Anyone who is close to East Windsor and wants 
             to enjoy this experience, be sure to visit 
                      Maine Fish Market Restaurant
     For Service and food this place is a definite 4 stars
                  This is the link to the website
 
                     
 I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
All the best from
"The Dish With Dean"

No comments:

Post a Comment